Recognizing families as an important part of our church community and as the most important source for a child’s faith development, we offer programs to support families and to prepare them for this important role. Classes for parents and guardians are listed under Adult Religious Education, and a Family Ministry Library is available in the nursery.
Resources For Families:
- UU Parenting email list
- UU Parenting Facebook Group
- UU World Family Pages: “Families: Weave a Tapestry of Faith,” the pull-out section of UU World magazine with stories, activities, and parent reflections, can be read or downloaded as PDFs.
- UU Parenting blog: A weekly discussion about parenting and liberal religion, with Michelle Richards, author of “Tending the Flame: The Art of Unitarian Universalist Parenting”.
- Family Quest, from the UU Church of the Larger Fellowship
- “Let’s Talk About” booklets, by UU leaders